Ada has for a long time now been the paradise town and a tourism destination of the Greater Accra region of Ghana with a lot to see and do. The town prides on its beautiful beaches, estuary, and numerous tourist attraction sites and services.
Ada is vitally the handiest metropolis that can not be ignored from the Ghana map when it has drawn on every occasion as it’s tucked among the Volta lake and the gulf of guinea (Atlantic ocean) with the estuary (Azizanya) being a hotspot for enjoyment fanatics.
Since the place is blessed with plenty of rivers and the ocean, Ada in Ghana is popular for captivating water sports such as boat cruises, fishing, sailing, and swimming. In most cases, the river shore is clogged by holiday cabins as thousands of Ghanaians living in Accra and foreigners use the place as a weekend getaway.
If you have plans to visit Ghana and not sure if Ada should be included in your itinerary, keep reading. In this list, we have put together some of the things to do in Ada and around. You will be surprised by some of the unique things to do and places you can explore at this hidden destination.
Tourist Attractions in Ada.
Here is the list of things to do in Ada and tourist attractions in city.
- Visit the Osramba Art Studio or Nkyinkyim Installation in Nuhale, Hwakpo. Osramba Studio is an art company that offers services to a wide variety of art, painting, sculpture, 3D modeling, and animation. The company was created as an alternative source of funding for the Ancestral Project and community development projects undertaken by Ghanaian artist Kwame Akoto-Bamfo.
- Visit Ada-foah beach for ecotourism activities and beach games and discover truly nice beach resorts, Eco-lodges, marine turtles, birds, mangroves at the coast.
- Enjoy clean, long, and sunny beaches in Ghana at Ada sandwiched between River Volta with estuary and the South Atlantic Ocean.
- The Crocodile Island
- Crocodiles and alligators are common in the area and can be visited on one of the islands. If you want to see them for sure you can visit Pediatorkope island where a couple of crocodiles live in a small walled cage.
Best Hotels in Ada,Ghana.
While the list of hotels in Ada Ghana is endless, here are top 4 you should consider checking in any time you are in town.
- 1. Aqua Safari Resort
- Aqua Safari is one of the exotic resorts in Ada Ghana that serves as a favorite spot for tourists and traveling merchants seeking a luxury hotel to relax far from Accra.
- Aqua safari presents 152 plush rooms and Chalets each of which is equipped with sleek and modern bathrooms, Air Conditioning, and luxurious amenities including Wi-Fi, Cable TV, and a minibar.
- While at the apartment, guests will have a chance to enjoy balconies that face the tropical forest and tranquil waters. You can also view the beautiful waterfront chalets while relaxing at the golden sands just at the doorstep of the hotel with a breathtaking view of the sunrise.
- You can also participate in the water-sports such as jet-ski.
2. Peace Holiday Resort
Peace Holiday Resort is found in Solikope-Ada in the Ada East District of Greater-Accra area. The resort is strategically located along the Shore of the Volta River, almost a mile away from the estuary with the Atlantic Ocean.
Peace holiday resort will give you a chance to embrace nature as you take advantage of the fresh unpolluted breezes around the river. Additionally, the resort has an evergreen, plush and serene environment that offers an unimaginable place for a family getaway.
3. TsarleyKope Beach Resort
Holiday lovers and business travelers who need to relax in a tranquil setting will have a chance to enjoy superior services at this exceptional tourist destination. The hotel is found in Ada Foah in Ghana and its accommodation arrangement includes 6 rooms which comprise 2 family rooms, 3 double rooms, and one twin room.
4. Dreamland Beach Resort
Dreamland beach resort is a traditionally built holiday resort with a family atmosphere. The resort is located at the beautiful beach of Ada-Foah. During your stay at Dreamland, you can experience in a comfortable way, Ghanaian culture, cuisine, and hospitality.